Crockpot Caramel Banana Cake


Before I get to the delicious (and simple) recipe, I want to remind you about my link party, Sweet Tooth Tuesdays. It is still going on, so make sure and link up your recipes, DIY projects, crafts, and tutorials of anything you made!

Anyone that has read more than a couple of my posts probably knows a few things about me:
  • I clearly have a sweet tooth.
  • I love white chocolate.
  • Food Network is pretty much the only TV I watch.
  • Bobby Flay and Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) are pretty fantastic in my book.
  • I make a lot of recipes that include bananas.
I've always liked bananas, but I've found myself using them more and more in baking. They are just such a great compliment to so many sweet flavors! Bananas and ice cream, bananas and caramel, bananas and peanut butter, bananas and white chocolate, the list goes on and on. The proof is definitely in the number of posts I have on the scrumptious fruit. My collection of banana posts is currently at eight. That is the most used ingredient other than chocolate, or the basic baking ingredients.

Today's recipe, much like the Pi Day post, features the winning combination of caramel and banana in the form of a delicious cake. What's better than a caramel banana cake, you ask? Well, how about a quick and easy caramel banana cake done in the crock pot!

This recipe is so simple and can be put in a crock pot and then left alone for a couple hours.

Caramel Banana Upside Down Crock Pot Cake ingredients:
  • 3-4 ripe bananas
  • 1 stick butter 
  • 3/4 c brown sugar
  • 1 box white cake mix
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 heaping tsp cinnamon
  • Optional - 1/8 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger (I left these out of recipe, but they were included in original recipe)
Caramel Banana Upside Down Crock Pot Cake instructions:
  • Turn on crock pot to high
  • Line the crock pot with melted butter
  • Line crock pot with foil
  • Brush foil with butter
  • Cut stick of butter into thin slices
  • Line the foil with the slices of butter

  • Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the butter

  • Slice bananas into 1/8 in slice pieces
  • Cover the brown sugar with slices of bananas
  • Prepare cake mix per directions
  • Mix in cinnamon (optional - nutmeg, ginger)
  • Place batter on top of bananas
  • Top the crock pot with double layer of paper towels and foil (the paper towel will absorb moisture to keep it from being too moist
  • Close with the lid
  • Cook for around 2-2.5 hours (sides will be brown and the top of the cake will bounce back up when you touch it)
  • Pull out the foil and let cool for 30 mins
  • Flip over and enjoy!

Hope you enjoy this simple and delicious cake! Don't forget to follow me and check out my link party!

Popular Posts