Daisy and Pony Cake


Today I'm sharing my latest cake I made for a family friend's granddaughter. The little girl's name is Daisy, so I did a daisy and My Little Pony themed cake. I love that My Little Pony is becoming popular again. I used to play with them when I was little. The fondant work is simple, but makes a big statement.

Besides the fondant, I purchased a My Little Pony toy. I actually found it at a discount store, and the toy came with a little cake, which was perfect! 

Here's how I put this cake together:
  • Bake and cool a cake
  • Ice the cake and smooth it
  • Roll fondant to around 1/16 in
  • Cut out a flower using the daisy cutter (since this cutter is more dull, I rolled the cutter on the backside to get a cleaner cut)


  • Dye fondant yellow
  • Roll out a small ball of yellow fondant and attach to the daisy using gum glue (pieces of fondant dissolved in water)

  • Dry Daisies in mini cupcake pans to get the 3D curved look
  • Create a round platform out of white fondant and make indentation where the pony and cake go
  • Decorate the platform with pink polkadots

  • Cut out letters of name using small alphabet cutters
  • Decorate letters with yellow polka dots
  • Place daisies, letters, and platform on cake


Hope you enjoy this cake! Don't forget to check next Tuesday to see the highlights from my first Sweet Tooth Tuesdays, and link up to this week's party. Don't forget to follow my blog, or follow me on social media, to get updates.

Popular Posts