Pudding Pie with Cookie Crust


My husband and I were pretty low key for the Super Bowl this year, we decided just to watch it at home. We made some delicious snacks including pizza potato skins - yum! Make sure and check back soon for that recipe! We also made chorizo queso dip and chicken noodle soup using my homemade noodles. With all the work on the savory dishes, I wanted to throw something quick and easy together for a sweet dish.

While grocery shopping, I had an idea of a possible quick and easy pie recipe. I had made pies before using instant pudding mix, but I had always used a ready made graham cracker crust. I got to thinking, maybe it would taste delicious with a crust made of cookie dough. It was inspired by the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Snickerdoodle cookie cups I made last fall.

The great thing about this pie is that it can be customized to whatever flavors you like best! I decided to do butterscotch pie filling with Snickerdoodle cookies. I love butterscotch (check out my Oatmeal Butterscotch cookies), and thought it would go well with the cookies. There are a lot of other flavors that would be great - chocolate with peanut butter cookie crust, lemon with sugar cookies, oreo with chocolate chip cookie, the possibilities are endless!
Here's how I made the pie -

Pudding Pie with Cookie Dough Crust ingredients:

  • Small box of instant pudding (whatever flavor you want)
  • 1 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • 1 package ready to bake cookie dough (24 cookies)
  • Whipped topping (use ready made, or make your own):
    • 1 cup whipping cream
    • 1/4 cup powdered sugar

Pudding Pie with Cookie Dough Crust ingredients:

  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Spray pie pan with cooking spray
  • Press frozen cookie dough into pan
  • Bake cookie dough pie crust for 20-25 mins
  • When pulling out of oven, press crust down where it has risen


  • Let the pie crust cool completely
  • Whisk together pudding mix, whipping cream, and milk (don't follow the directions on the box, the whipping cream helps thicken it up)


  •  Pour pudding pie mixture into crust, refrigerate at least 1 hour


  • Top with packaged whipped topping, or make your own (whip powdered sugar and whipping cream together until stiff peaks form)


  • I finished the pie by dusting the whipped topping with finely chopped butterscotch. This could easily be replaced with another flavor used in the filling (ex lemon zest for lemon pie, chopped Oreos for chocolate pie, etc)


Check back later this week for my pizza potato skins!

Popular Posts