The BEST Yogurt Parfait I've Ever Had


Confession time - I am not a fan of Greek yogurt. Everyone seems to be on the Greek yogurt bandwagon lately, but it's not something I have previously enjoyed. In all honesty, though, I'm not much of a fan of any kind of plain yogurt. I kept trying different brands or combinations with fruit to find something I would eat for breakfast (or snacks), but kept coming up short of a tasty treat.

I tried yet another attempt at eating Greek yogurt the other night when I decided to make a parfait. We were cooking breakfast for dinner, which usually consists of homemade biscuits, sausage, spicy hash browns, and some fruit dish. I looked online for ideas and found a recipe called the "Best Yogurt Parfait Ever". I was intrigued, but even more so when I saw it was The Pioneer Woman! If you've read my blog much lately, you know I am a HUGE fan (and I even got to meet her). Basically if I want to find a new recipe for a dish, I start by seeing if she has a version. Even Google has figured this out since her site is the top result for most recipes I search!

This yogurt parfait definitely truly is the best ever! It uses Greek yogurt, but adds some additional ingredients to sweeten it and add flavor. Now when reading the recipe you will notice it calls for 1/2 cup of both heavy cream and brown sugar. Ok...I know that doesn't sound the healthiest, but the recipe makes a ton of servings! 17.5 oz is quite a bit of yogurt, especially considering I only use a few spoonfuls in each parfait.  It might not be the best yogurt to eat by itself, but it's perfect in small quantities to sweeten fruit.

I used strawberries in the parfait, but you could use any kinds of berry (or a combination). I tweaked the recipe by including dark chocolate and oat granola. The dark chocolate is subtle in the granola, but it definitely elevates the flavor profile. I also love the texture contrast the granola provides to the parfait. The granola I used was even packed with protein, so that is an added benefit!

You should definitely go try this recipe, I can't wait to have some more for breakfast!


"Best Yogurt Parfait I've Ever Had" ingredients:

  • 17.5 oz Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • Berries cut into pieces
  • Crunchy granola (I used oats and dark chocolate granola)
"Best Yogurt Parfait I've Ever Had" instructions:
  • Whisk together Greek yogurt, heavy cream, and vanilla
  • Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on top of yogurt mixture
  • Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 30 mins (Note - there will be a brown sugar film on top)
  • Stir the yogurt to mix the brown sugar throughout
  • Cut up berries
  • Place some berries in a cup
  • Top with a spoonful of yogurt
  • Sprinkle on some crunchy granola
  • Repeat process for another set of layers

Popular Posts